GIBSON STRENGTH

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Starting Week 2, and Also Deadlifts

First, check out my awesome client Ed as he kills some heavy deadlifts:



Yeah, he's a beast.

Also, I'm 3,000 swings into my 10,000 kettlebell swing challenge, and it's going fairly well. Down about 1% bodyfat and about 4 pounds.

I've lost some noticeable fat, my abs are just a bit more visible, and my bike ride to work on Thursday (typically a miserable exercise in self-punishment) wasn't nearly as tiring as it usually is.

The diet, which again you can read about here, has been pretty easy to stick with so far. I'll be honest and say I haven't stuck to the plan 100%, but most of my meals are still the protein shake + fruit or vegetable + peanut butter, but I've added in a sensible meal for dinner and/or breakfast in place of the first or last protein shake. Calories are the same, and maybe it's because I've been super busy at work recently but I haven't been half as hungry as I thought I'd be. The added protein is also doing good things to keep some muscle on my frame, and....dare I say it...may have even added a bit.

The workouts, too, are getting easier. My hands are a bit torn up, but aside from a bit of hamstring soreness once or twice, I feel pretty good. My pace has increased considerably, and now even the sets of 50 are over before I know it, sometimes literally! I've lost count a few times during the higher reps, which brings me to the only negative aspect of this program I've encountered: the monotony. 10,000 of anything is going to get pretty boring, and I still have 7,000 to go.

7,000 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment