GIBSON STRENGTH

Thursday, May 9, 2013

I think I have a sunburn...

May 9, 2013


So, I swam. In a pool.

Though the cold water didn't limber me up as much as a long session of hot yoga would have, I found it much more enjoyable (and therefore relaxing).  There may be nothing better than a quick dip in the pool to lift the spirits.  However, as with all public pools, I felt the uncontrollable urge to take a scalding hot shower afterwards to remove the assorted parasites and bacteria from my body.

But splashing around in the pool (while college girls in chaise lounges looked on in abject horror that someone would be having fun in the actual pool, no less) wasn't how I got the aforementioned sunburn.  

Two things: 1) I was reading A Clash of Kings (the second book in the Song of Ice and Fire series, which is the more pretentious/nerdy way to say Game of Thrones) and lost track of how long I was sitting in the sunlight as my skin began to scream in pain at the constant pounding of the sun's rays. And 2) I forgot to put on sunscreen.  Or bring sunscreen with me to the pool.  Or buy sunscreen.  Or not be super pale.

Anyway, today was a good day, even though I have actively avoided thinking about tomorrow's workout.  If  I can keep this train of thought going, things should be great.  Otherwise...

So, in case you're wondering, and I'm sure you are, I still feel like I'm forcing myself to eat.  But, Kroger has a sale on avocados, ($1 a piece) so I stocked up.  These magical green food items make everything better.  If I have to "eat big to get big" then I may as well eat things that make me happy.  Or at least the healthy things.

I ate a slightly larger breakfast than I normally do on weekdays.  It was primarily scrambled eggs and biscuits with blackberry jelly (I broke down and bought PB&J fixin's) and a huge cup of coffee (I'd like to say it was black, but honestly it was about 1/4 milk and sugar).  Then, like an hour later, I pounded a turkey and avocado sandwich, which i will shorten to avopavo in the future.  I also had an open faced avopavo for my midday snack, and I'm making spaghetti with turkey meatballs for dinner.

Looking at my food intake, it doesn't seem all that impressive. But when you're used to two or three small snacks and a large meal a day, it's a big jump.  Ok, it's a medium jump.  Fine, it's like I sneezed a little bit and my feet jostled on the ground.  I've got to eat more.

Even though I feel like I'm just constantly forcing down food, I could be doing more.  And I need to drink more water...

Anyway, that's all I have for you tonight.  Maybe I'll actually talk about working out, weight lifting, and something other than my own complaints tomorrow...

Or maybe not.




Note: I've been eating a lot more high-protein and high fiber foods than normal.  This is my one and only warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment