GIBSON STRENGTH

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Ow. My thighs. Ow.

May 8

Today was workout day two.  Knowing what to expect from my, let's just call it unfortunate, workout from Monday, I was mentally prepared.  I'm not going to let this program defeat me.

And, you know what? The extra mental preparation served me well today.  I will admit I had to go a little light on the complex today, mainly because I'm new to the clean and the front squat, but I made it through.  I even completed my 60 squats at 95 lbs.

Finished off with a big protein shake.  Strawberry protein powder, blueberries, and almonds.

Stretched out later with some yoga.  That could have been a mistake.  Even though I'm feeling looser in my legs, which is nice, I get really frustrated and tense when I do yoga.  I don't relax or stretch well.

Well, that's all I have for today.  But hey, if you have any suggestions for a good recovery day activity for tomorrow, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment